Prof. Dr. Steffi Haag
- Assistant Professor of Information Systems (IS) at Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
- Researcher with successful 6yrs experience in IS working at renowned universities in Germany, Finland, and the USA
- Author of peer-reviewed publications in highly ranked IS journals and conference proceedings, including Business & Information Systems Engineering, Communications of the AIS, and Journal of Business Economics
- Teacher of digital transformation in insurance, user experience (UX) management, digital business models, and business process management
- Presenter, moderator, track chair, and editor at leading national and international IS conferences (e.g., ICIS, ECIS, WI)
- Interests in shadow IT, cybersecurity, digital idea and innovation, and user experience in insurance, finance, IT, and public contexts.
- Expertise on a broad range of theoretical as well as quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research, including experimental, (factorial) survey, and grounded theory methods.
Grants, Awards, and Honors (selected)
- Schöller Fellow 2020
- HMD Best Paper Award 2018 for the article “Digitale Zwillinge – Eine explorative Fallstudie zur Untersuchung von Geschäftsmodellen” (together with Robin Klostermeier and Alexander Benlian)
- Research Award in Data Protection and Data Security 2017 of the German Association for Data Protection and Data Security (GDD)
- Dissertation Prize 2017 of the Association of Nuremberg Tax Consultations (Nürnberger Steuergespräche e.V.)
- TU Darmstadt postdoctoral fellowship for female researchers (Aug 16 – Jul 18)
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) travel grant for conference participation (Dec 15)
- Invitation to the 2014 International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2014) Doctoral Consortium, The Castaways in Auckland, New Zealand
- Deloitte foundation fellowship (Oct 09 – Sep 11)
- Haag, S.; Siponen, M.; Liu, F. (forthcoming) “Protection Motivation Theory in Information Systems Security Research: A Review of the Past and a Road Map for the Future,” The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, In Press.
- Haag, S.; Eckhardt, A.; Schwarz, A. (2019) “The Acceptance of Justifications among Shadow IT Users and Nonusers – An Empirical Analysis,” Information & Management (56:5), pp. 731-741, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2018.11.006.
- Haag, S.; Eckhardt, A. (2017) “Shadow IT,” Business Information Systems Engineering (59:6), pp. 469–473, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12599-017-0497-x.
- Haag, S.; Eckhardt, A.; Bozoyan, C. (2015) “Are Shadow System Users the Better IS Users? – Insights of a Lab Experiment,“ in Proceedings of the 36th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2015), Fort Worth.
- Haag, S.; Eckhardt, A. (2014) “Organizational Cloud Service Adoption: A Scientometric and Content-based Literature Analysis,” Journal of Business Economics (84:3), pp. 407–440.
- “Schatten-IT,” Invited presentation at the Science Slam Hamburg. Hamburg, Germany, 11. September 2019.
- “Deviant Affordances: When Tensions, Deadlocks, and Noncompliance Generate Performance,” Invited presentation for the Lecture series: Female Scientists for Female Students, Research Training Group (GRK) 2050 Privacy and Trust for Mobile Users. Darmstadt, Germany, 20 February 2018.
- “Introducing Shadow Systems to Manage System Insufficiencies – A Change Theory Perspective and Experimental Analysis,” Jour Fixe of the Institute of Information Systems, Goethe University Frankfurt. Frankfurt, Germany, 02 February 2016.
- “Users‘ IS Security Awareness and Behavior – A Longitudinal Study,“ Invited presentation at the Faculty of Information Technology, University of Jyväskylä. Jyväskylä, Finland, 26 August 2016.
- “Justifying Shadow IT Usage: The Influence of IT Norms on Deviant Behavior,“ Invited presentation at the research seminar of the Department of Information Systems and Decision Sciences, Louisiana State University. Baton Rouge, USA, 11 May 2015.
- “Appearance of Dark Clouds? – An Empirical Analysis of Users’ Shadow Sourcing of Cloud Services,“ International Conference on Wirtschaftsinformatik (WI 2015). Osnabrück, Germany, 05 March 2015.