User Experience (UX) in a Business Context
You have to start with the customer experience and work your way back to technology.
— Steve Jobs
Online Course Content
Organizations have started to realize that designing and maintaining great user experience (UX) is the best way to build trust, retention, and loyalty of staff and customers alike.
The lecture User Experience (UX) in a Business Context
- teaches the key concepts, methods, and approaches that help design, measure, and manage total UX across the organization and drive value propositions of digital business models.
- discusses established and new methods of UX research for (further) developing digital technologies.
- introduces frameworks to build and lead teams of UX researchers, designers, engineers, product managers.
- employs case studies to transfer and discuss the application of UX design, research, and management in practice.
In the practice sessions, groups of students practically apply UX research methods and tools (e.g., surveys, customer journeys, facial recognition, or emotion detection) to investigate users’ experiences in interaction with state-of-the-art digital technology prototypes and to deduce implications for product and organizational strategy, development, and design. The results are presented towards peers and experts from research and industry.
More details on structure, course materials, technical requirements, and logging information will be announced in due time in StudOn.
- can define, discuss, and apply the concepts, methods, and tools of analyzing and managing the experiences users perceive in interaction with new digital technologies of organizations.
- are able to measure and analyze user experiences of digital technologies and infer recommendations for technology and policy design and development.
- can present user research results towards peers.
- develop skills in collaborative interaction with peers.
- Master International Information Systems (from 2018/19): Module in the section Information Systems – Architectures & Development (Core)
- Master International Information Systems (from 2016/17): Module in the section Information Systems – Extension Courses (Elective)
- Master FACT: Vertiefungsbereich (Modulgruppe Interdisziplinäre Module)
- Master International Business Studies: Elective course – Free specialization module (Area studies: Europe)
- Master Management: Vertiefungsbereich
- Master Marketing: Wahlmodul in der Modulgruppe „Management“
- Master in Business Engineering
In line with the WiSo policy, the course strives to integrate independent learning and face-to-face sessions on Thursdays from 16:45 to 20:00. Please find the key dates in the following schedule:
|Registration & Dates||Date||Room|
|Obligatory course registration via StudOn||until October 1, 2021 for early bird confirmation of registration;
until October 18, 2021 for firm confirmation until October 20, 2021
|Kick-off lecture||October 21, 2021
16:45 – 20:00
|Kick-off practice projects||December 2, 2021
16:45 – 20:00
|Interim presentations||January 13, 2022
16:45 – 20:00
|Final presentations||February 3, 2022
16:45 – 20:00
The first session will provide you with more information regarding the exact schedule.
The examination includes a written project report (50%) and presentations (50%). The course calculates 4 SWS and awards 5 ECTS.
To register for the course, please submit your name, student number, semester, master program, transcript of records and your experiences with UX via StudOn within the registration period between August 1 – October 18, 2021.
— Register until October 1, 2021 to secure the early bird confirmation of registration (80% of available places) —
Only registrations with complete information are considered. Firm confirmation of registration at the latest until October 20, 2022.
The number of participants is limited. In case of excess demand, participants are selected based on past performance and experiences (50%) and by drawing lots (50%). Mandatory registration for the course in the first session.
For course materials, information, and communication, join the course in StudOn: https://www.studon.fau.de/crs3993084.html
Note that if the direct registration link does not work, you can access the course in StudOn by searching for title and/or the StudOn ID 3993084.
For further questions, please write me an email: email@example.com.